SET YOUR MIND...

"LIVE ON PURPOSE WITH PURPOSE....#HIGHER LEVEL LIVING" (©NIA-JAI)

Wednesday 5 September 2012

WHAT THE ‘BLOG’ ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??


To blog, or not to blog? (Is that even a question) #ALWAYSBLOG lol!!! This week’s dilemma was whether or not to write what’s on my heart? I wrestled with the whole putting myself out there and the possible repercussions of random people knowing stuff about me, then judging me without really ever knowing me, but then then I decided ‘blog that’ and I remembered that the whole point was for me to offload some of the baggage that has weighed me down over the years in the hopes of gaining a ‘moment of clarity’ and maybe helping some of you out there facing similar situations. What better time for me to do so than now!! I figured my 10th blog should be extra special for my loyal readers. Sooo here we go I’m about to get a little personal, a little vulnerable and a whole lot of real for you guys with the help of Mr Anthony Hamilton (Back To Love album) playing on repeat in the back ground ;-) that is.

I don’t know if it’s just me but considering it’s been said that women love to talk and are constantly engaging in conversations about how they feel,  how come men think that women generally speak in code?? Newsflash ‘MOST’ of us are like open books  and quite clear about what we want, think and feel  from my experience it’s you guys who speak in ‘SUBTEXT’ and would rather skip to the next chapter or better yet close the book instead of just turning the page.

(My EX) “I love you BUT……..” translation = “I don’t love you enough” 

(ME) “I love you…” translation = I love you

(MY EX) “Yeah I know BUT what do you expect me to do?” translation = “I know what I should do BUT I’m not going to”

(ME) “What can I do to make it better?” translation = “what can I do to make it better?”

(MY EX) “I will give you what you want BUT u need to give me time” translation = “I have no intention of changing but if you love me enough you will’’

Well that my friends is why he is an Ex friend of mine lol…...I’m sure you get the point though right? It’s frustrating for me to talk to or even be around people that are just not straightforward. I don’t understand it and I don’t think I ever want to. I guess I am just a little fed up of late, with so many people never really saying what they actually mean. Surely it takes more effort and energy to lie and fabricate or manipulate situations than to just be honest?  And let’s be real if you have time for that then I clearly I don’t have time for you.

As for the ex in question (who’s behaviour was more than questionable to be fair) the congruency between his actions and his words left a lot to be desired. I mean he paid lip service so much that I’m pretty sure the lines between what he said and what he meant to say were actually blurred even in his own mind :-/ (And that’s saying something). You guys must know what I’m talking about and that’s just the tip of the Iceberg. Worse than that are those loose lipped, economising with the truth, gift of the gab men and women who not only lie to themselves which is madness in itself but then expect you to believe their lies to, because they do? (really though) Then they turn around and have the audacity to get angry with you when you don’t. Like how dare you not believe them? (oh I don’t know maybe perhaps because you seem to be incapable of being in the same vicinity as the truth much less in close proximity?.....jheeze)

I’m sorry if that came across a little irate but GOOD!!! It was meant to. Even thinking about the few times that my love for someone has made me question MY perception of the situation, (even though my instincts were screaming don’t listen) gets me mad….correction used to get me mad!! (Because obviously I’m so over that now and eh hemm spiritually enlightened and all that hahaha…)

I don’t know what it is but why is that when a conversation suddenly involves more than a yes no response, they shut down or switch into ‘Subtext Mode’ utilising the art of avoidance, misdirection, non-comprehension, basically using a whole lot of words whilst saying a whole lot of nothing? Confusing themselves (whilst in the process of) trying to confuse you. Me personally I’m on my catch phrase tip I just say what I see and call it how I see it. Don’t get me wrong ‘subtext’ in context i.e. stimulating conversations during courtship can be ‘interesting’ shall we say but once you hit ‘relationship’ status that ish is so NOT cute anymore. “Say what you mean and mean what you say” #Simplez  Playing games will only ever have one outcome because someone always has to lose, that said of course honesty is the best policy regardless of whether or not it’s what one wanted to hear.  One thing I have found to be the case though, is that usually when  you hear the word ‘BUT’ in a sentence whatever follows is likely to be a lie, an excuse or an attempt to completely misdirect you…It is rarely ever the TRUTH……BUT….. then again what do I know lol!!!

 So the moral of the story just “say what you mean and mean what you say…” it really is NOT that hard???? Speaking the truth always yields better results than trying to lie your way out of situations. One lie will always ultimately lead to another until you are eventually trapped by the tangled web of deceit that you weave.  I have always tried to tell the truth and be real about how I do or don’t feel only now I do it from a place of love. Granted in the past I may have been a little too frank In my opinions and forthright in my beliefs  but I never freely offered them up unless they were asked for… so in my defence if you don’t want to know what I TRULY  think you really shouldn’t ask me the question!!! Should you Lol (just sayin J )

 

Till Next Wednesday try and tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing BUT the truth!!!!

(I did say try, I never said you’d be successful lol one step at a time hey!!)

#ALWAYSLOVE <3

No comments:

Post a Comment