SET YOUR MIND...

"LIVE ON PURPOSE WITH PURPOSE....#HIGHER LEVEL LIVING" (©NIA-JAI)

Sunday 10 March 2013

…Ur NOT a SINGLE mum…Ur A #SUPAMUM ;-)




Hey Blogsters both Old and New,

What’s good? EVERYTHING I hear you say!!! Lol ;-) Well you don’t have to be a genius to work out what today’s blog is going to be about but before you sigh or switch off thinking this is just another cliché blog ……………….well you should know me better than that by now :-/
So clearly unless you live under a rock or on another planet completely [which let’s face it some of you doJ] you could not have escaped this week without seeing adverts for ‘Mother’s Day’ everywhere you turn (or on everything you turn on) and yes I agree of course in part] it can been seen as a commercial con, a money making scheme, a blah blah blah blah blah…. BUT and yes this is a big ol JLO sized BUT while I agree that mothers should be celebrated all the time and not just confined to one special day in the year, WHO actually said that we have to spend loads of money to mark the occasion??? I don’t celebrate ‘Mummy’s Day’ [as I call it] because everybody else does and I certainly don’t stress myself out thinking that I have to spend money that I don’t have. Just like with any celebration or public holiday I think it’s the people that see it as a problem that generally create ‘a problem’.  Whoa!!!  Before you start disagreeing with me and setting out on a witch hunt, just hear me out first.

No one forces us to go out and spend money or to celebrate a special day or festive holiday…..for those of us that do; we do it because we choose to. Everything in life is a choice and we are fortunate that regardless of how limited ones options may seem when it comes to making that decision, inadvertently it’s still OUR CHOICE. You could choose to spend the one thing that is so coveted in this fast paced, conveyor belt lifestyle that success drags us on…yup YOUR TIME!!! You can have all the time in the world and still feel like it’s not enough, just like you can have all the money in the world and not be satisfied!!! And that’s because in my opinion we all embark on a quest to be happy but few of us realise what that looks like, so even when we find it we don’t recognise it. That need to always want more, do more or show that you have more is all rooted in a place called ‘Lack’. There’s more than enough of everything to go round in the world but some choose to focus on what is lacking in life thus producing more of it, instead of sowing seeds of the very thing you want to see in your life. YES it is that SIMPLE. Life is simple; we [as complex, critical, confused people] COMPLICATE it. If you don’t have money this year to show your Mum how much you care for her then do what my daughter does and show her with LOVE [its free don’t you know] you don’t have to send her on a plush, extortionately priced spa day when you could just give her a massage yourself. You don’t have to freak out trying to book a table at ‘the must be seen at restaurant of the year’ 3 months in advance when you could just cook for her yourself.  For one day of the year you could just wait on her hand and foot like she does or did for you growing up. Do the ‘particular things’ that you know she likes. Actually tell her verbally how much you appreciate the things she does for you and be SPECIFIC. Even if she knows you love her she deserves to hear it, just like you would say thank you to anyone who gives you something. Even if your mum didn’t give you anything growing up, know this…..she gave you the one thing NO ONE ELSE can… she gave birth to you and even if she didn’t raise you, she GAVE YOU LIFE. I am soooooo thankful for my BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL I can’t tell you. She is the MOST compassionate, thoughtful little girl I know (no bias lol) and she has given me the best ‘MUMMY DAYS’ ever. [Some of which have even put me to shame lol.] She doesn’t have money but she has a HEART and a creative spirit and with no exaggeration [I know it’s going to sound corny but it’s the Truth] the gifts that she gives me are ‘priceless’. Caring enough to wake up early to make my tea and bring me breakfast in bed [with specially cut heart shaped toast #family traditionJ], making [my favourite] paper flowers, running my bath with bubbles and candles, giving me a back massage or an ‘Indian head massage’ [that she is actually amazing at] washing up the dishes so that I don’t have to are just the few things off a long list that I could reel off. The point being:
1)    She knows me.
2)    She loves me.
3)    She cares enough to show me.
And nothing that she does involves money, just TIME and LOVE which guess what?? ALL COMES FREE.
With that said I’d just like to take this time to thank GOD not just for my daughter but my son as well [who at this moment is too young to really get involved actively] but showers me with hugs and kisses and most of all LAUGHTER every day. I have never met anyone who can make me smile instantly just by looking at me or having me rolling over in stitches just by the things he comes out with J
I am TRULY BLESSED and to all the single mothers out there who aren’t with their respective partners and who’s children aren’t of a certain age to be able to show you how much they love and appreciate you yet, know this….. You have been given THE GREATEST GIFT in life and even if you haven’t met your husband to be yet or your loving partner you have already received the GIFT OF LOVE.
Real Love is SELFLESS, it’s GIVING, it’s FORGIVING, and it’s UNCONDITIONAL and guess what it is everything you do or are willing to do for your children without question or the need for it to be reciprocated. So don’t focus on what you don’t have on this special day Focus on what you DO and quit calling yourselves SINGLE mums if you have a child/children then you are far from single you already have a family you’re just awaiting the missing piece of the puzzle to COMPLETE that family. And for the WOMEN out there who are able to hold the family together and play the role of MUM and DAD when required I SALUTE you and I dub thee ‘SUPAMUMS’. You have already earned your stripes and your time is coming soon and on behalf of your children who can’t tell you yet, this BLOG is dedicated to you ……YOU ARE AMAZING, YOU ARE BLESSED AND MOST IMPORTANTLY YOU ARE LOVED!!!

#SupaMumsSalute J
Nia-Jai xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment